The power of creation is at your fingertips! Kingdoms will be lost and entire worlds created with the help of this awesome RPG maps book. “How to Draw Fantasy Art and RPG Maps” will teach you, with simple step-by-step instructions, to bring your fictional realm to life and draw authentic fantasy maps. Learn to create unique and fully functional RPG maps on which your worlds and adventures can unfold.
All the skills necessary to create awe-inspiring maps are covered!
- Landscapes. Add depth, balance and plausibility with rocky coastlines, towering mountains, dark forests and rolling plains.
- Iconography. Mark important places–towns and cities, fortresses and bridges–with symbolic iconography for easy-to-understand maps.
- Typography. Learn how to place readable text and the basics of decorative script. Bonus instruction teaches you to create fonts for Orcs, Elves, Vikings and dragons.
- Heraldry and shield design. Depict cultural and political boundaries with shields and colors.
- Advanced cartography. Includes how to draw landmarks, country boundaries and political lines. Build roads to connect merchants and troops, troll cairns and dragon lairs. And complete your maps with creative backgrounds, elaborate compasses and thematic legends.
About the author: Jared Blando is a professional freelance cartographer and conceptual artist who works in the RPG, book and gaming industry. He is best known for his RPG fantasy maps, but he is also prominent in the board game and publishing industry. He has worked for Wizards of the Coast, Fantasy Flight Games, Ubisoft, Mayfair Games and Paizoamong others.
- Guide on How to Draw Fantasy Art and RPG Maps
- Includes landscape, iconography, typography, heraldry and cartography maps
- Step-by-step instructions