This Harbin Geological Compass is a great gift for young, aspiring geoscientists. This is an excellent quality geological compass with functional declination adjustment screw, lift pin and clinometer. For professionals, this is perfect for using in conditions and localities where you do not wish to risk more expensive instruments. Magnetic declination, sometimes called magnetic variation, is the angle between magnetic north and true north. Declination is considered positive east of true north and negative when west.
The pack includes a geological compass, a holster and an English manual.
- Product Dimensions: 3.8 x 3.4 x 2.4 inches ; 10.4 ounces.
- Shipping Weight: 10.4 ounces.
- Damping time of needle : 15s. Dial scale : 1°.
- Precision of long air level : 15´± 5´/2mm(20℃).
- Precision of circle air level : 30´± 5´/2mm(20℃).