Of quartz we love Geology! Here we have selected some of the best Gift Ideas for Geology lovers, because nothing says “I like you” better than a geotechnical gauge.
In this list you will find some nice geology items and gift ideas to help you honor your special one. We have geology mugs, mineral collections, microscopes, waterproof field notebooks and much more!
“Man can be understood only by ascending from physics, chemistry, biology, and geology. In other words, he is first of all a cosmic problem.” ― Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
- 10th place
Waterproof Geotechnical Gauge
The flexible, waterproof 5 x 7″ plastic geotechnical gauge with nylon lanyard contains miscellaneous data for geotechnical soil analysis. Printed on both sides, the gauge features: roundness chart; chart for estimating percentage composition; unified soil classification system; 6 common Munsell soil colors; soil compaction tests for clay sand; and sand grain size classification with actual sand grains from coarse to silt. Sand grains and color chips permanently fused to the plastic.
Gauge has the following data: Roundness chart; chart for estimating percentage composition; unified soil classification system; 6 common Munsell soil colors; soil compaction tests for clay sand; and sand grain size classification with actual sand grains from coarse to silt.
- Compact waterproof gauge fits in larger pant pockets or neatly into backpack.
- Nylon lanyard to attach it to notebook or clipboard.
- Has inches (up to 6″) and millimeter (up to 110mm) ruler on one side.
- Perfect for geologist, mineralogist, soil scientist, archaeologist, ecologist, botanist, or any other field scientist!
This is a full metal illuminated jewelry loop with a 30X magnifier and bright LED. You can see objects clearly in dark or insufficient light conditions with this dual LED light source. The magnifier is pocket size, very convenient to carry and you can use it anywhere.
Function: The eye loupe is great for rock collectors, coin collectors, jewelers, hobbyists, and also makes a great gift for the kids to explore the fabulous tiny world. Foldable Design: Just Pull Out the Jewelry Magnifier to Use, and Put It Back When Not In Use. This 30X magnifying glass Illuminated Jeweler Loupe is built from durable metal with an optical glass that is 21 mm in length and has a dual bright LED light.
- Product Size: Approx. 8cm x 2.2cm.
- Voltage 1.5V Lens. Diameter: 21mm.
- Push switch to Turn ON OFF ON.
- Illumination: LED Light & with currency detection function UV light.
- Requires 3 LR927 batteries (Batteries are Included).
Dino-Lite digital microscopes and microscope eyepiece cameras offers a wide range of digital microscopy solutions for science, research, health care, forensics, education, hobbyists, and more. Its features include: MicroTouch: A trigger sensor that provides convenient snapshot ability without disturbing the image by moving a physical button. Measurement: Use simple tools to draw lines, shapes, and text annotations on the image. Calibrate and measure dimensions including lines, circles, and angles. Polarization: Built-in adjustable polarizer greatly reduces glare on reflective surfaces. Interchangeable Cap: A selection of swapable end caps for different applications. Extended Depth of Field: Automatically capture and combine multiple images at different focus levels to produce a final image with greater depth of field.
The dino-Lite USB microscope has a resolution of 30 FPS for video. The software included offers rich features for saving, annotating, comparison, and analysis of captured images.
- Magnification Range: 10x-50x, 220x
- Lighting: White LED
- Resolution: 640 x 480(for 0.3MP models), 1280 x 1024 (for 1.3MP models), 2592 x 1944 (for 5.0MP models)
- Frame Rate (max): 30 FPS
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista 7, 8, 10, Mac OS 10.5 and above
- Connection Type: USB 2.0
- Image Save Formats: BMP, GIF, PNG, JPG, TIF, PNM, TGA
- Video Save Formats: WMV, FLV, SWF
- Applications: Versatile microscope for lab or field environments
- Warranty Period: 2 years
- Manufactured in: Taiwan
This compact and absolutely indestructible field notebook is perfectly sized for convenience and functionality. It is all of these at the same time: Waterproof, tearproof, weatherproof and as we mentioned, completely indestructible! Suitable for any condition.
The waterproof notebook can be used as a journal, memo pad, field book or notepad. With 48 pages per book, this 4-pack provides you a great value since many other products provide fewer pages or are sold in only 3-packs. This item has a dot-graph pattern,. however there are several models to choose from!
- Built to last: Waterproof, tearproof and weatherproof notebook.
- 4-pack consists of 192 pages in total – each book contains 48 pages (24 sheets).
- Synthetic paper – will not tear and is waterproof so you can write in the rain or even under water.
- Pocket sized – this mini memo pad is 3.5×5.5 inches and contains lined pattern.
- No special pens required – use regular ball point pens or pencils.
- Manufactured and sold by elan publishing, a leader in field notebooks for the past 50 years.
The Story of Earth: The First 4.5 Billion Years is a book about our planet. Earth evolves. From first atom to molecule, mineral to magma, granite crust to single cell to verdant living landscape, ours is a planet constantly in flux. In this radical new approach to Earth’s biography, senior Carnegie Institution researcher and national bestselling author Robert M. Hazen reveals how the co-evolution of the geosphere and biosphere—of rocks and living matter—has shaped our planet into the only one of its kind in the Solar System, if not the entire cosmos.
With an astrobiologist’s imagination, a historian’s perspective, and a naturalist’s passion for the ground beneath our feet, Hazen explains how changes on an atomic level translate into dramatic shifts in Earth’s makeup over its 4.567 billion year existence. He calls upon a flurry of recent discoveries to portray our planet’s many iterations in vivid detail—from its fast-rotating infancy when the Sun rose every five hours and the Moon filled 250 times more sky than it does now, to its sea-bathed youth before the first continents arose; from the Great Oxidation Event that turned the land red, to the globe-altering volcanism that may have been the true killer of the dinosaurs. Through Hazen’s theory of “co-evolution,” we learn how reactions between organic molecules and rock crystals may have generated Earth’s first organisms, which in turn are responsible for more than two-thirds of the mineral varieties on the planet—thousands of different kinds of crystals that could not exist in a nonliving world.
- Hardcover: 320 pages.
- Publisher: Viking; First edition (April 26, 2012).
- Language: English.
- Product Dimensions: 6.4 x 1 x 9.2 inches.
This mineral identification kit provides a hands-on experience performing tests to identify minerals, and is designed for classroom use. Sorting cards use the process of elimination to assist students with identification, and the included streak plate, iron nail, magnifier, and magnet allow students to test for hardness, luster, streak, and color. The kit includes 20 samples along with an identification sheet. Samples are 1″ to 2″ in size and are individually marked for easy identification. Samples include- milky quartz, microcline feldspar, muscovite, mica, biotite mica, calcite, hornblende, gypsum, talc, graphite, hematite, fluorite, sulfur, limonite, nepheline, rose quartz, barite, chalcopyrite, galena, pyrite, and magnetite.
- Mineral collection contains 20 samples.
- Includes a magnifier, streak plate, magnet, iron nail, index (sort) cards, sorting needle, and a lab manual.
- Samples are 1″ to 2″ in size and are individual marked with numbers for easy identification.
- Sorting (index) cards use a process of elimination to assist in identification.
- Samples are packaged in a plastic tray.
Do I love geology? Of QUARTZ I love geology! Check out some gneiss schists and go over some faults with your colleges with this funny geology pun for every mineral & crystal lover out there who knows geology rocks. That science pun was a real gem, wasn’t it? It’s not my fault if you don’t appreciate geology jokes.
This gorgeous 11-ounce Mug features large handles for easy gripping and a wrap-around print. These heavy-duty Mugs are both dishwasher and microwave safe. All mugs are printed in the USA. All LookHuman products are original designs, created by humans on our design team.
- Mug Capacity: 11 Ounces.
- Printed in the USA.
- An original LookHuman product.
- An ideal gift for mineral & crystal lovers!
Are you a Geologist? Show your geology humor with this great shirt! In case you’re curious: A schist is a coarse-grained metamorphic rock which consists of layers of different minerals and can be split into thin irregular plates.
Gnarly Tees has been designing and selling customized T-Shirts and Apparel since 2013. They love creating designs that people love and putting those designs on top notch apparel for everyone to enjoy. It all started when we saw a need for highly customize-able and unique looking t-shirts and apparel. They decided to start producing designs that everyone loved on common items such as t-shirts, hoodies, tank tops and more. People loved it!
- Material: 100% Cotton.
- Designed and made by Gnarly Tees.
- Machine wash cold with like colors, dry low heat.
- A great earth science and STEM gift idea.
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem.
Harbin Geological Compass DQL-8
This Harbin Geological Compass is a great gift for young, aspiring geoscientists. This is an excellent quality geological compass with functional declination adjustment screw, lift pin and clinometer. For professionals, this is perfect for using in conditions and localities where you do not wish to risk more expensive instruments. Magnetic declination, sometimes called magnetic variation, is the angle between magnetic north and true north. Declination is considered positive east of true north and negative when west.
The pack includes a geological compass, a holster and an English manual.
- Product Dimensions: 3.8 x 3.4 x 2.4 inches ; 10.4 ounces.
- Shipping Weight: 10.4 ounces.
- Damping time of needle : 15s. Dial scale : 1°.
- Precision of long air level : 15´± 5´/2mm(20℃).
- Precision of circle air level : 30´± 5´/2mm(20℃).
This one-ofg-a-kind “Don’t Take Me For Granite” 11-ounce Mug features large handles for easy gripping and a wrap-around print. These heavy-duty Mugs are both dishwasher and microwave safe. All LookHuman products are original designs, created by humans on their design team.
- Material: Ceramic.
- Dishwasher and microwave safe.
- Package Dimensions 4.8 x 4.4 x 4.3 inches.
- Item Weight 14.1 ounces.
- Printed in the USA.
AmScope B120C-E1 Compound Microscope 40x – 2500x$239.98 Microscopes & Telescopes, Science Kits & STEM Toys
AmScope M150C All-Metal Compound Microscope 40x – 1000x$84.98 Microscopes & Telescopes, Science Kits & STEM Toys
Celestron 127EQ PowerSeeker Telescope 127mm$139.15 Microscopes & Telescopes, Science Kits & STEM Toys
Dino-Lite USB Hanheld Digital Microscope 10x-220x$399.00 Gadgets & Gaming, Microscopes & Telescopes, Science Kits & STEM Toys
DNA (Deoxyribonucleic Acid) Educational Plush by GIANTMicrobes$7.95 Anthropology & Archaeology, Plushes & Soft Toys, Science Kits & STEM Toys